Monday, May 30, 2011

Vital Vernal

     There's pink cocktail down my back from shoulder blades to ass-crack. We had an accident. And there's a paper-plate in the bathroom sink with soggy bread and a cigarette butt. There's a hollow bone on the floor between the toilet and the wall. And Vernal Vodka on the tile. Hallow bone. Marrow has been sucked out. You can hear the slurping in the kitchen. My skin is sticky. Shrimp salad all over the toilet. There're too many sous chefs here. Some tragedy happened and it's only 11:44pm. Melon is dripping off the porcelain so this is a fine mess. But still, I can't get over what I shouldn't even know. 
     "...her eyes!" I overheard them talking about me when they couldn't find me. 
     "I know. I try to look her in the eyes but it's like looking into a vampire's eyes."

No comments:

Post a Comment