Monday, August 16, 2010

I looked all night and I didn't see any meteors but everybody else saw them. "Juice, stars are fallin all over themselves tryin to get back down to earth."

     I roll down the window and the big dipper is big and the road wind is on us. Wind on our sweat in the road breeze cuz summer in iowa is full on and we handle it in this car tonight. Theres a meteor shower tonight and we're takin the back route outta the city into the dark. We drove into the abyss last night & for driving into the abyss we didn’t hit too many things. Only a few scratches on the scion and a good story to tell that should been enough to scare you sober. But I guess we don't get scared..
     "Crystal, good cd," she screamed against the wind and above the bass.
     "Good. Its only this one song so we're gonna be listening to it for awhile."
     "Jeramy, I don't remember going in reverse that far."
     "It woulda taken em a loooong time to find yer bodies in that creek!" she screamed back at us again.
     "No it wouldn't...all they would’ve had to do is follow the tire tracks through the yard down into the forest.”
     We gave them a hundred to not call the cops. I pulled a hundred dollar bill out of my back pocket.                                         08/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment